Rafael Nadal to return from knee injury for Tie Break Tens event in Australia

Tennis


MELBOURNE, Australia — Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will make his return from injury in the Tie Break Tens event in Melbourne on Jan. 10.

Nadal previously withdrew from the Brisbane International and Fast4 event in Sydney while recovering from a knee injury. Organizers said Nadal will join Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka among a field of eight players in the Melbourne knockout tournament, which has a winner-take-all purse of $250,000.

In Tie Break Tens, the winner is the first player to reach 10 points with a two-point margin in a super tiebreaker.

Nadal said, “Tie Break Tens is a great concept and we will see and play some exciting matches. The field is fantastic and I expect some tough competition, which will be great for the Aussie fans.”



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

SL in trouble, Mathews under injury cloud
Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma Sooners takes Manning Award as nation’s top QB
Colonial confirmed for May amid title sponsor questions
Fantasy basketball – Is it time to drop Kawhi Leonard due to latest injury news?
Will Cristiano Ronaldo leave Real Madrid? Which club could he join?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *