UFC working on middleweight fight between Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum for Nov. 25 in China

MMA


The UFC is targeting a middleweight fight between former champion Anderson Silva and Kelvin Gastelum on Nov. 25 in China, according to multiple sources.

The 185-pound matchup, which both fighters have verbally agreed to, is expected to headline UFC Fight Night inside Shanghai’s Mercedes-Benz Arena.

FloCombat.com first reported the bout.

This will mark the second time the UFC has booked this matchup. The two were supposed to fight earlier this summer in Rio de Janeiro, but Gastelum (13-3) was removed from the event after testing positive for traces of marijuana in March.

Silva (34-8) campaigned to stay on the card, but could not come to terms with the UFC on a replacement opponent. The 42-year-old hasn’t fought since he won a close decision over Derek Brunson at UFC 208 in February.

Gastelum, 25, fought Chris Weidman at UFC Fight Night last month in Long Island. He suffered a submission loss on the third round.

Both fighters train out of Southern California.



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Jeff Horn promoters plot Aussie boxing revival
OC John Morton says Jets waved white flag on offense against Broncos
San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says Kawhi Leonard to make season debut against Dallas Mavericks
W2W4: Can Tottenham depose Man City, the Invincibles-elect?
Chris Froome: Cyclist facing questions over adverse test result

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *